Monday 9 July 2012

LETTER TO EDITOR: Overpriced Sky Juice!

I sent a letter to editor recently regarding the price of sky juice in eateries. Alhamdulillah, it was published in The Star and NST.


The letter sounds like this: 


My patronage to a kopitiam in Seksyen 7 Shah Alam was a disappointment.  Since I was too busy staying up late at night to finish up on my end-of-the-semester assignments and watching EURO of course, my friends  and I decided to do it in the kopitiam which operates 24 hours only during  EURO.

As usual, I would order some food together with a glass of warm water. Surprisingly, warm water is no longer as cheap not to mention FOC as it once was. I was charged RM 0.80 for a glass of warm water. It was just a glass of plain water with no ice, no sugar and no color. To me, it is very expensive for a glass of sky juice.

Though, this issue was highlighted by the media last February but surprisingly eateries like kopitiam and café are still charging their customers with such price especially in the towns and surburbs.

As far as I’m concerned, the Ministry of Domestic Trades, Co-operatives and Consumerism had rectified this issue a few months back. It is just unacceptable to be charged such price for plain water. They get the water at the cost of only RM 2.00 per 1,000 liter and they charged RM 0.80 per glass of water. Imagine the profits that they are making every day for imposing such price to the customers. I really hope that the respective ministry would really look into this matter and take necessary action on eateries that are charging exorbitantly for commodity that is the gift from nature. 

It is so expensive to stay healthy nowadays

Well, it is kind of disappointing to know that it is costly to stay healthy (plain water is the best drink) and for students to be thrifty nowadays.


Below is the letter published in The Star :)

This is the letter to the editor published in The Star :)




Peace Malaysia!

No comments:

Post a Comment